/ /

Nice Classic Buick Rivera

  • Price: Ask a price!
  • Condition: Used
  • Item location: Manchester, Tennessee, United States
  • Make: Buick
  • Model: Riviera
  • SubModel: limited edition
  • Type: Coupe
  • Trim: limited edition
  • Year: 1976
  • Mileage: 101,700
  • Color: Burgundy
  • Engine size: 455-4bbl
  • Number of cylinders: 8
  • Power options: Air Conditioning, Cruise Control, Power Locks, Power Windows, Power Seats
  • Fuel: Gasoline
  • Transmission: Automatic
  • Drive type: RWD
  • Interior color: Red
  • Options: CD Player
  • Vehicle Title: Clear

Buick Riviera 1976 Description

The judge says she gets half the cars or half the money. My brother offered to buy this car from me for $100 but apparently the judge has heard that before. (Shame on all you guys, lol) I figure with the giving money she gets none of my blood, sweat, and tears. (The pound of flesh is still being decided) Nice car, not perfect. For a daily driver its an 9 out of 10, as a show car maybe 7 out of 10. It doesn't get driven much so in the last 500 miles (about 1.5 years) it's has had a complete tune up, new belts and hoses, new shocks all the way around. Also put in new springs and rear end has been replaced as well as oil change and Trans service done. A new (not used) fuel tank also. (Old one was leaking) I didn't remember to take a pic of the headliner but it is in perfect shape. No sags or tears and is the original headliner. The seats are also in great shap but 40 years has faded them a little. No rips or tears that I have seen. Carpet is faded as well and has came loose in a couple places in the back. The dash has a couple cracks in it. The previous owner had installed a new radio in it (cd player with USB port) and he also put new speakers in the front. The speaker grilles are black and sit slightly above the dash. This always bothered me but somehow it seems the sound of that 70's radio is still there. For those of you that had cars of the 70's you know what I'm talking about for those of you who didn't ask your dad about the difference between cd's and vinyl. The windows are power and go up and down like they did 40 years ago. The doors also open and close as they should, not sagging due to new door pins and bushings. The factory Buick rims are in great shape and tires are good as well. This car is not perfect. But is nice. As far as inside with things that don't operate as they should, the a/c is cold and heat is hot but only work on high. That's referring to the blower speed. Temp blend is working just fine. I always kept if full of gas and now I see that wasn't the right thing to do. I thought the fuel gauge stopped working so when the new fuel tank was being put in I had them investagte the gauge not working. The sender is good as well as all wires but because of being full all the time the gauge itself has a fault. It reads full 99% of the time. The problem is in the gauge but I haven't been able to find another one. The other 1% of the time is when there is about 5 gal of gas in it, it will drop to 1/2 that about 3 gal it will drops to "E" at that point you have about 15 min to get gas. For that reason my soon to be ex wouldn't drive it so getting that fixed wasn't very high on the todo list. The only other interior problem that I know of is the remote side mirror control. Back then they were cables and springs and the drivers side is loose. Exterior it has some chips and bubbles (see pics) and has been repainted before I owned it but it's easy to see it was done by pro's and done well. Mechanically it's in awesome shape. The carburetor could use rebuilding from lack of use but still runs fine. Just hard to start after sitting a week or so. The driveshaft has lost a balancing weight so it has a small vibration after 45mph. When the rear end was replaced it was geared down a little to give it a little more snap. Not that this low mike 455 big block with 4 barrel needed it but just to get rid of that heavy car feel. This car runs, drives, rides, steers and looks great. I'm really going to miss this car, the soon to be ex-wife, not so much. This is a no reserve auction. This car must be sold. As with most cars it is also for sale locally so auction may end if sold locally. Car is listed locally for $5500. Don't ask what a buy it now price is just put what you think you'd like to pay in the bid box. Any other questions I'll be happy to answer the best I can. Thank you for taking the time to look and I hope you enjoy this classic Buick as much as I have.

You may also like these classic cars for sale